If you’re not used to using it, primer may seem like an unnecessary hassle. But if it is a part of your daily routine, you probably know why makeup artists are obsessed with it. Primer can be an amazing thing!
Try these 7 tips to get the most out of your primer experience:
- Brighten up dull skin or neutralize red skin by going for a tinted primer
- Less is more: a small drop of primer goes a long way, use a small amount for even coverage
- Don’t forget your eyes! Not only can primer around your eyes prevent smudging and creasing, it can soften wrinkles and counteract redness
- Use eyelash primer before your regular mascara for longer, thicker lashes
- Skip spot treatments if your primer contains any anti-acne ingredients that may irritate your skin
- Don’t forget a lip primer and if you’re out, your face primer will work in a pinch!
- To set your makeup, always finish with a powder!